Local Activities You Should Participate in this March Break
A break from work, school or a whole week to do absolutely nothing is always appreciated, although no one likes to feel unproductive or lazy! While some families will be heading out of town for March Break, others will be spending the week right here in the Durham Region.
If you are looking for something to do, here are some suggestions:
- Children ages five and up can get involved in a Rooks to Cooks cooking camp on March 12, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This event is being held at the Zion Christian Reformed Church. To find more information click here.
- People of all ages can go to the Oshawa Museum from March the 12th to the 16th. Tours will be running from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The museum takes donations for the admission fee but is typically five dollars. To find more information click here.
- Is a free family movie night more your style? On March the 13th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm the Regent Theater will be playing Ferdinand. Popcorn and refreshments will also be free. Click here for more info.
- Are you a singer, dancer or just want to have fun? On March 14 at Northview Branch you can sing and dance for an hour with no cost and no age limit, just show up and have fun! To find more information click here.
- If you’re into science check out the Oshawa Public Library on March 15th from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. ages 6-12 can watch a science-themed show to see amazing discoveries such as a floating hovercraft and a sneezing dinosaur. To find more information click here.
- Oshawa Generals vs. Peterborough Petes hit the ice on March 16 at 7:35 pm. Watch these two teams go head to head at the Tribute Community Centre. For more info click here.
- How about a furry animal to keep you company? Go visit the Toronto Zoo to see the giant panda exhibit. They wont be there for long the exhibit closes at 6 p.m. on March the 18. So go make a new friend or four. Click here for more details.
For more information on any of these activities and to see more March Break events click here.
With so much going on there’s lots to choose from, let us know what you’re up to this March Break in the comments below!