Report A Claim


Have you been in accident or had fire or water damage on the weekend or after hours? Call our office at 905-433-4200. We’ll ease the stress by explaining everything, answering your questions, and helping you through the process in any way we can.

If you’re in a car accident, here’s what you need to know

  • Stay calm and call 911 if anyone is injured or if you believe alcohol or criminal activity was involved.
  • If it’s safe to move your cars, remove them from the road, exchange information and report to the Collision Reporting Centre within 24 hours. Unless you’re injured, don’t leave the scene of an accident until you’ve exchanged information.
  • Collect name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, insurance info, number of passengers, and year, make, model, colour, and license plate number of all vehicles involved.
  • If the driver of the other car isn’t the owner of the vehicle, get the owner info as well.
  • Get the names and contact info of any witnesses.
  • Don’t sign anything unless a police officer asks you to.
  • Go to the Collision Reporting Centre with your driver’s license, ownership, insurance info and the information you collected after the accident.

If someone has been injured, or there’s damage over $1000, the Highway Traffic Act requires that you report the accident. The police will come to the scene if it involves injury or death, alcohol, criminal activity, dangerous goods or police vehicles. For non-injury collisions, exchange information with the other driver(s) and either drive or have your car towed to the Collision Reporting Centre (CRC) as soon as possible. (If the accident happens during business hours, you’re required to take your car directly to the CRC from the scene of the accident.) After reporting the collision, you can have your vehicle towed to the body shop of your choice.

Information At Your Fingertips

Find your insurer’s preferred repair shop so you can get repairs done fast – without worrying about getting estimates from other shops. Download app.

Durham Collision Reporting Centre
650 Rossland Road, East, Whitby, ON L1V 1C6
(north side of Rossland, between Garden Street & Brock Street – across from Town of Whitby Municipal Building)
Open 7am to 9pm, Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm on weekends and holidays

Don’t Be Intimidated By Tow Truck Drivers

If you don’t want to use a truck that’s arrived on the scene, you don’t have to. Feel free to call another company. Either way, take charge and ensure they take your car to the Collision Reporting Centre – and then to your insurer’s preferred shop or to the body shop of YOUR choice.

Make Sure Your Repairs Are Covered

Call us first to find out. Your insurance company may immediately authorize repairs from one of their preferred repair shops. (These shops will guarantee repairs, so there is no need for additional estimates.) We will let you know what the closest preferred shop is to you. However, you are welcome to have your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice. We will be happy to walk you through the car insurance claims process to make it as easy as possible to get the repairs done fast.

Search Our Site Can't find what you're looking for?
Get a Quote


Need a Quote?

We’ll find you the right coverage.

    We will be in touch shortly.