Tips from Trusted Insurance Brokers Serving Durham, Oshawa and Bowmanville
Life gets expensive quickly and most people look to save in any way they can. If you are trying to cut back on your monthly expenses and are hoping to reduce the cost of your Home Insurance in Durham, there are some ways you may be able to save. Work with professional insurance brokers to learn more about how you can get a discount on your current policy or find home insurance for your property.
Consider the 5 tips below and contact Petley-Hare Insurance to work with attentive staff who are committed to honest brokerage and affordable pricing.
5 Tips to Save on Durham Home Insurance
Use these easy techniques to lower your monthly premiums and enjoy safe, secure, and comprehensive home insurance coverage in Durham, Oshawa, and Bowmanville:
- Carry Multiple Policies with the Same Insurer: When you bundle your insurance coverage with the same provider, they are more likely to offer a ‘bulk’ discount for your loyalty. Just like buying other items in larger quantities, there are great deals and a lot of savings to be found if you also require Car Insurance, Business Insurance, or other policies to serve your lifestyle needs.
- Boost Your Deductible: If you have a solid financial plan and a steady income, increasing the size of your deductible can greatly reduce the cost of your premiums. The deductible is how much you pay out of pocket in the event of an insurance claim, so this savings strategy should be considered carefully. Some people have been able to get 10-40% off their premiums, but it needs to make sense for you financially if and when you need to make a claim.
- Install Advanced Alarm System: The more secure your property is, the lower your risk assessment and the less expensive your home insurance costs. Insurance companies offer breaks and discounts for homeowners who take a cautious, preventative, and proactive approach to protecting their asset. Look for alarm systems with multiple components and physical as well as digital elements that can provide a well-rounded and strong line of defense.
- Be Loyal to Your Insurer: Just like more than one policy will lead to savings, a long period of coverage with the same insurance provider will usually yield some discounts. Stick it out with your insurance company and inquire about options for savings at different benchmarks. Whether it has been months or years, they may be able to offer you incentives to remain a client.
- Maintain a Good Credit: You already know your credit score is important, but did you know it could actually help you save on your insurance premiums? Home insurance and other policies are all quoted based on a personal and financial assessment, so don’t overlook this important way to lower your policy price. Your loan history will have a lot of bearing on how confident insurance companies will feel dealing with you during a claim, so maintain a strong score and be consistent for the best quote possible.
Affordable Oshawa Home Insurance with Petley-Hare
Learn more about how you can take steps to save on your current home insurance policy or request a Free Estimate online for your home insurance. Our experienced team is here to provide honest advice and support when it comes to your home insurance in Durham, Oshawa, and Bowmanville. Learn more about our wide range of affordable insurance products and contact us to ask your questions about coverage, premiums, and claims.
Call Petley-Hare toll-free at 1-800-216-5324 today to find discounted home insurance for your property in Durham. Get a Free, No Obligation Quote Online.