Do you commute less than 9,000 kilometres a year?
If so, start saving on auto insurance premiums with MyPace™ — a pay-as you-drive program offered through CAA Insurance.
If you’re spending less time behind the wheel, the CAA MyPace™ payment program can help you take control of your car insurance costs by giving you the freedom to pay only for the distance you need.
How it works.
The program uses a device plugged into the vehicle that connects to a mobile app or web portal used to track data on the amount of kilometres driven.
Eligible drivers who enrol in MyPace™ will have kilometres loaded automatically in 1,000-kilometre increments and receive a notification letting them know when they are about to reach the end of an increment. If the annual cap is exceeded, the customer’s underlying insurance premium rate applies to the additional kilometres.
What are the savings?
- If you drive 1,000 kilometres, you could save up to 70%.
- If you drive 3,000 kilometres, you could save up to 50%.
- If you drive 5,000 kilometres, you could save up to 30%.
- If you drive 7,000 kilometres, you could save up to 15%.
- At 9,000 kilometres, there is no longer a savings benefit with CAA MyPace and a traditional Auto Insurance policy may suit you better.
For those who are low-mileage drivers, MyPace is an important step in the modernization of insurance in Ontario.